The mission of the Pickens Parenting and Family Literacy Program is to provide opportunities for families to experience life-long learning through integrated educational services in a safe and nurturing environment.
The Parenting & Family Literacy Program staff...
- Recognizes that parents are thir children's first and most important teachers
- Believes that all families have strengths
- Encourages reading aloud to your children
- Believes that all adults and children canlearn
- Believes that parenting is one of the challenging jobs you will ever experience as well as one of the most rewarding
- Encourages families to attend regularly
- Fosters self-confidence, civic responsibility, and a respect for diversity
Teaching + Learning + Sharing = Success